Official Name: Casa del Sol
With fewer and fewer public services available for behavioral health problems, La Clínica Community Behavioral Health Department, Casa del Sol, has played an important role in helping Spanish speakers who would not otherwise receive counseling or crisis intervention services. Casa del Sol was founded in 1973 and currently offers behavioral health services for Alameda County residents through a variety of programs that are funded to provide treatment to Alameda County’s Spanish speaking communities.
All clinical staff at Casa del Sol are bilingual in Spanish/English. Services are provided in a culturally focused manner centered on individual, family and community strengths. Evidence based practices are utilized to support resiliency, wellness and recovery.
- Outpatient Crisis stabilization services
- Intensive Services for adults (18+) with Severe Mental Health conditions
- Mental Health services for infants/toddlers 0-5 years
- Mental Health services for school-age youth
- Mental Health services for adolescents
- Spanish WRAP (Wellness Recovery Action Planning) groups
- Spanish Parenting Education/Support Groups
- Spanish Domestic Violence Education/Support Groups (women and children's groups)
- Spanish Depression Psychoeducation Group
- Spanish Trauma Psychoeducation Group (for women)
- Spanish Grief Psychoeducation Group
- Therapy for Individuals Who Are HIV+