As a patient of La Clinica, you have the right to:
- Be treated with dignity and respect regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation or mental or physical disability.
- A medical/mental health record that is private.
- Receive timely response to requests for services and quality care.
- Agree or refuse to take part in any research project.
- Receive information about your care and medications prescribed.
- Be given the time and location of your appointment and the name of your provider or therapist.
- Be informed that, by law, we must report any case of child or elder abuse/neglect.
- File a complaint with La Clínica staff or the Secretary of State.*
You have the responsibility to:
- Letting us know if instructions provided to you are not clear.
- Following treatment instructions, keeping appointments, and paying your bills.
- Knowing the time and location of your appointment; arriving on time; and calling if you are going to be late.
- Keeping your Clinic ID card up-to-date; providing true and complete information.
- Making arrangements for child care when you have an appointment.
- Paying for services at time of visit or making payment arrangements.
- Treating the staff with the same respect, dignity, and consideration you desire for yourself.
*You may file a grievance or complaint with a La Clínica staff member at the site you receive your services, or you may call us at: 510-535-3980